I’m so sorry I haven’t posted in a while, but you know how the holidays can be. Hope you all didn’t miss me too much! In light of the New Year, I want to dedicate to today’s post to resolutions. I’m not talking about crazy and impractical goals like “I am NEVER going to eat chocolate again.” Alright for some people that may be plausible, but you get the picture.
After the holidays robbed our bank accounts and added 5+ pounds onto our physiques, New Years could not come at a better time. While NYE is a celebration of the passage of time and coming of a new year, it also gives us the chance to hit ‘reset’ on our lives. But by making unrealistic goals, you will only let yourself down. We need goals that we can rely on and better ourselves from.
A year ago, I was in a very different place in my life. I felt lost and disconnected from who I wanted to be. On January 1st, 2016 I vowed to workout everyday, pursue my dreams, and live an overall more rounded life. And I did just that. Not only did fitness become a part of my daily regimen, but I also started Well-Tailored Life.
This year, let’s reach our goals together. Check out my list of New Year’s Goals You Can Actually Keep below and join me in my 2017 resolutions. Let’s do this!
10 New Year’s Resolutions You Can Actually Keep
- Write a happy thought every morning when you wake up
- ‘Unplug’ for at least 1 hour a day to reflect.
- Turn off all lights when you leave your home
- Put away $20 a week to save up for something
- Opt to take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Stop procrastinating and make a To-do list
- Spend more time with family
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Get more sleep
- Learn something new everyday